Who doesn’t love desserts? Desserts are the fairy tales of the kitchen. No meal is complete without dessert. Tasty desserts can lift your mood and bring a smile on your face. So, wear a chef’s hat and prepare these delicious desserts at home to satisfy your taste buds using various Shreemant products.
Fruit Custard is a popular dessert made by mixing chopped seasonal fruits with chilled custard sauce.
- Chop fruits into small pieces. Use seasonal fruits but avoid citrus fruits and melons.
- Fruits used in this recipe are mango, apple, banana, strawberry and pomegranate but you can also add fruits of your choice.
- Heat 3 cups of Shreemant UHT Milk in a wide pan.
- Take 3 tbsp warm milk from the pan into a small bowl and add 3 tbsp of custard powder to it.
- Stir continuously; make sure that there should be no lumps.
- Stir the milk in the pan in between and when it comes to a gentle heat, add 5 tbsp sugar and stir it well.
- Start adding prepared custard mixture to it and mix continuously.
- Cook on a low to medium heat until the custard thickens.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the custard to a small bowl and allow it to cool completely. Keep it in the refrigerator to chill before adding the fruits.
- Once chilled, add chopped fruits and mix well.
- Serve chilled fruit custard garnished with some more fruits.
Kulfi is best described as Indian-style ice cream, which is the perfect homemade treat.
- In a wide pan or kadhai, heat 3 cups of Shreemant UHT Milk and 1 cup of cream.
- Stir continuously on medium heat so that it does not burn from the bottom.
- When the milk reduces half of its quantity, add ¼ cup sugar. Stir so that the sugar dissolves.
- Now, add 2 tbsp Shreemant Skimmed Milk Powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cardamom powder, sliced almonds and pistachio.
- After some time, remove the pan from heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to small cups and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Freeze it for 8 hours.
- Once it is frozen, garnish kulfi with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
Gulab Jamun is a classic Indian dessert usually enjoyed in most festive and celebration meals.
Prepare Sugar Syrup
- Mix 1 cup of water and sugar in a wide pan
- Stir and bring to boil until it turns slightly sticky.
- Now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- Add 1 tsp rose water and mix. Cover and keep aside.
Prepare Gulab Jamun Balls
- Mix together 3½ tbsp Maida, 1 tbsp Rava and 9 tbsp Shreemant Skimmed Milk Powder in a bowl. Now, add a pinch of baking soda.
- Add 1 tbsp Shreemant Ghee to it.
- Now, add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2-3 tbsp milk and mix well.
- Make soft & smooth dough. Furthermore, Grease your hands with Shreemant Ghee and make small balls.
- They must be smooth without any cracks; otherwise, they will break while frying.
- Heat the pan with Shreemant Ghee on medium flame.
- Fry the balls until golden brown. Keep stirring in between.
- Then place the hot gulab jamuns in the sugar syrup. Cover the lid and rest them for 2 hours and serve.
Fried Milk or Leche Frita is one of the most unique and delicious Spanish desserts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3½ tbsp of cornstarch, ½ cup sugar and 3½ tbsp flour.
- Add 1 cup of Shreemant UHT Milk and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 3 cups of Shreemant UHT Milk along with the cinnamon stick over medium-low heat in a large saucepan until it starts to bubble.
- Remove it from the heat. Strain the milk into the sugar & flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the above mixture back into the saucepan over low heat, stir constantly, until the mixture thickens for at least 10 minutes.
- Oil a large baking dish and pour the mixture to a depth of 3/4-inch.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours (overnight if possible) until it has solidified.
- Turn the cooled mixture out of the pan and cut into desired shapes (small squares).
- Add water to 3½ tbsp flour and make thick slurry. Dip each piece into the slurry.
- Take fresh bread crumbs and coat them nicely with the bread crumbs.
- Put them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Fry in the hot until they turn light golden.
- Leche Frita is ready to serve.
Desserts have always been everybody’s favorite and have the power to make us all happy. Enjoy this quarantine by cooking delicious desserts at home!
Stay Home, Stay Safe!